Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holes

I've heard the expression said that "There is a hole in your heart that only God can fill" and I can understand that.

I would follow that with there is a hole in your heart that only certain people that you love can fill- whether it's loves, friends, family, or your children.. without those people that you have come to hold so dear and rely on in your daily life.. things seem less full. There is that black abyss hole where that person once filled--- with laughter, memories, things you would look forward to together.
We all know life can be fulfilling in so many areas- but missing those loves now gone .. that is a hole that no one else can fill.

In one sense, it's poetic justice- because that shows the highest value you hold that person- yet on the other hand the most intense pain- that at some times- is so difficult to handle I almost wish it had never been..almost.

Do I choose to focus on the holes? No...I keep busy, but there is always a dull nagging ache. The missed communication, shared laughter, jokes, stories- just being a part of 'life' together..But for tonight...tears fall... the holes are there- unfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment