Monday, May 21, 2012

Courage

I'm facing something alone right now and thinking about the past wishing I could talk about it with one I've lost. As I sit here trying to figure out what to say I watch the cursor blink. I think of family, friends, the community and know that I can not tell a soul. I've thought about talking to a friend in S about it but don't think he would keep my confidence. That I will not compromise on... as ridiculous as it sounds to type this and hit enter quickly will take a lot of courage. But it will make me feel a little better. I don't care if it's selfish or stupid. More than likely it will never be read & that is ok. The air. My best friend. Understanding. Wisdom. ..was going to try a poem but sleep is calling. Thinking of our talks, priorities, views on living, knowing we usually approach those the same..I picture telling you & your eyes. Watching your thought process working through the 'if you were in my position'.. big picture down the road.. I wish I could think of someone safe & have a set of arms to cry in. Sometimes you keep secrets out of love for those you love so very much. I will continue to think on these things.. & be strong for those that need me.. And hit enter.

3 comments:

  1. Listening is the easy part. The part you are doing, the writing, is difficult and courageous. I hope you keep it up and never lose faith in it. Yes, it can expose your emotions to the world, but for us writers it is more often than not the best way we know to express ourselves. Strange how the pen finds words that would otherwise be elusive. So hit enter, hit it every day if you must, and don't ever give up hope nor give up on those who you know in your heart are true friends. Like a good book or a memorable poem a lifelong friend will always be there on the shelf for you when you need them the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are still writing also- it is very hard to stay connected to your gift without words being typed..your story is waiting to be read I have no doubt! I may pull an amazing & familiar storybook off the shelf ...or better yet..maybe magic will move it! Thank you

    ReplyDelete